ISSUE 135 New Year’s resolutions from your peers
With 2018 right around the corner, many colleges and universities are finalizing strategies to take on the new year. Below are five ways your peers plan to improve talent management practices and advance their institutional missions in 2018.
1. Transforming recruitment from a transactional to a strategic process
“In 2018, Texas State University will explore opportunities to transform our team to support strategic and consultative talent acquisition. We want to move away from the transactional and develop the team’s ability to recruit actively.”
Texas State University
2. Improving recruitment and new hire onboarding
“Our focus for 2018 will be onboarding and finalizing the revamp of our recruitment process.”
Assistant Director of Technology and Compensation Specialist
University of Arkansas
3. Taking a data-based approach
“In 2018, the University of Pittsburgh hopes to use analytics to find and improve inefficiencies in our hiring process and develop a robust candidate experience for applicants of all job types.”
University of Pittsburg
4. Facilitating meaningful performance appraisals
“As we move into the new year, we will continue to educate our employees about ways to make their appraisal process meaningful.”
Professional Development Coordinator
Appalachian State University
5. Eliminating paper personnel files
“My main priority for the new year is to move forward with emptying the file cabinets of all paper employee files and move to electronic storage. No more digging through stacks and stacks of files.”
Applicant Tracking Coordinator
University of Central Arkansas
New employee and candidate engagement tools are now available
PeopleAdmin recently released three new enhancements for Hire and Performance, including:
- Continuous progress notes, which empower and encourage supervisors and employees to share meaningful, bidirectional feedback more easily and consistently — a practice known to positively influence employee motivation and retention. Please contact your support representative today if you would like to activate the beta version of this enhancement.
- Passive candidate engagement tools, which send prospective candidates targeted, automated communications designed to keep them engaged throughout the candidate life cycle. These are live in your solution today. View the FAQ to learn how to enable them.
- Performance dashboard for supervisors, which simplifies task management and improves visibility into employees’ past, present and future performance. These will be live in the sandbox of your Performance solution before the end of the year.
You’ll receive a notification when progress notes and the Performance dashboards are live in your production site and sandbox, respectively. For more information, please review these FAQs.
Holiday hours and seasons’ greetingsThe PeopleAdmin team wishes you a happy and relaxing holiday season. To ensure our employees can spend time with their families, PeopleAdmin support will be closed the following dates:
- Dec. 25-26, 2017
- Jan. 1, 2018
If you require support during this time, please visit the knowledge base and online discussion forums within the PeopleAdmin Community. In addition, 24/7 response is available for system-down events. To report a system-down event, submit an urgent case via the PeopleAdmin Community or call our after-hours emergency line 1-888-407-5005.
What do higher education talent management teams really bring to the table? Empowerment … and we can help.
Learn why colleges and universities need well-supported, focused and resourceful talent management teams to successfully advance their institutional mission.
Discover the seven questions you need to ask employees to create more engaging and productive performance management processes.
Sign up for PeopleAdmin’s newsletters to stay on top of the ever-changing world of education.